Albany Police Ask for Help as they Try to Find Missing 10-Year-Old
UPDATE: The Albany Police have announced that Avery has been located in the City of Albany. He is safe and in good health!
We hope to be able to update this soon with some good news - a 10-year-old Albany boy apparently ran away from his home on Sunday night and police are looking for him.
The Albany Police Department sent a late-night Nixle report about a young boy they're attempting to locate hoping that anyone with information can help get him back to his family safely.
We don't have a lot of details this morning, but here's what we do know in regard to the missing 10-year-old boy that the Albany Police are looking for.
- 10-year-old Avery Grimm ran away from his Third Street home around 10:00 p.m Sunday night.
- Grimm is described as a black male, 4’10” tall with a slim build.
- He has dark-colored hair which he wears in braids.
- He was last seen wearing a black long-sleeve shirt, sweatpants, and green boots.
- Anyone with information on Grimm’s whereabouts is asked to call the Albany Police Detective Division a 518-462-8039.
Police say that Grimm left home late on Sunday night but didn't offer any more information about where he could be or where he may have gone.
Any time a young child is reported missing, it's a scary proposition. The Capital Region days are getting shorter and shorter and area temperatures are really starting to drop. Our hope is that just that Grimm, at the very least, is somewhere safe and warm - and that Albany Police bring him back to his family today.
Once again, anyone with information on Grimm’s whereabouts is asked to call the Albany Police Detective Division a 518-462-8039.
Albany's Top 10 Snowiest Winters Of All Time [RANKED]
Drone Captures Images of the Breathtaking Lake George Ice Castles
Schenectady One of of NY's Worst? 10 Reasons Why We Disagree