Alex Lifeson and Todd Rundgren Guest on New John Mayall Album
Blues veteran John Mayall has announced that his latest album, titled Nobody Told Me, will be released on Feb. 22, by which time he’ll be 85 years old.
The 10-track LP features guest appearances from Alex Lifeson, Todd Rundgren and Steven Van Zandt, among others. It was recorded at the Foo Fighters’ Studio 606 and co-produced by Mayall and Eric Corne, founder of Forty Below Records, which is releasing the LP. The record follows last year’s Talk About That and Three For the Road.
“All my records are fun to make,” he told AllAboutJazz.com in March. “It's very important to get it just right and have everything just where you want it to be. Once you record them and put them out, they're out there forever.” He added that Nobody Told Me, which was at that point untitled, would be a “nice treat for the guitar freaks.”
Earlier this year, Mayall added guitarist Carolyn Wonderland to his band, which had been a trio featuring bassist Greg Rzab and Jay Davenport.
“I felt it was time to once again feature the fire of an electric guitar,” he said on his website. “This will be quite a historic move forward in that I have never before had a female lead guitarist in any of my numerous band lineups. She will make her powerful presence felt.”
You can see the track listing for the new album below.
John Mayall, ‘Nobody Told Me’ Track Listing
1. “What Have I Done Wrong” featuring Joe Bonamassa
2. “The Moon Is Full” featuring Larry McCray
3. “Evil And Here To Stay” featuring Alex Lifeson
4. “That’s What Love Will Make You Do” featuring Todd Rundgren
5. “Distant Lonesome Train” featuring Carolyn Wonderland
6. “Delta Hurricane” featuring Joe Bonamassa
7. “The Hurt Inside” featuring Larry McCray
8. “It’s So Tough” featuring Steven Van Zandt
9. “Like It Like You Do” featuring Carolyn Wonderland
10. “Nobody Told Me” featuring Carolyn Wonderland