Catskills Ranked One Of The Best Regions In The World
There is a lot to do just south of Albany which makes it quite simple to understand why the Catskills are so awesome.
Maybe it is because I am born and raised in the Capital Region, but I never understood why the Catskills where so awesome. That is until recently. Now yeah, I know the scenery is incredible, same could be said for the Adirondacks. I know Bethel Woods is a great concert venue, but so is SPAC. So I suppose I never really thought the Catskills were great. Here are a few ways I was proved wrong.
- Woodstock originated there.
- The Catskill Mountains offer up activities on par with the Adirondacks.
- Plenty of ziplines and skiing options
- Kaaterskill Falls is the tallest waterfall in New York
- They have great craft breweries and distilleries - I LOVE KEEGAN ALES!
- Historic Sites
- Skip the ocean, head to one of the amazing small beaches.
- Places to stay overnight are incredible if you skip a hotel.