5 Car ‘Must Haves’ for a Capital Region Winter
With winter upon us, it's time to start thinking about getting our vehicles ready for snowy driving conditions and emergency situations. There's nothing worse than getting caught out alone on the road with a dead battery or to slide off the road with no way to get unstuck. Hopefully, some of these items will help you safely navigate this winter season.
As Amazon Associates, we earn on qualifying purchases
1. AAA Severe Weather Road Safety Kit - This kit has almost everything you could ever want for safe winter driving. I carry one in my Jeep and has helped me out a couple times.
2. Hopkins 12501 SubZero GripTrax Traction Tool - These work great to get you unstuck from snow and ice. Just jam them under your tires and get the traction you need. They work way better than the old floor mat trick our dads used to use.
3. Lifehammer Brand Safety Hammer - There's a reason it's called a Lifehammer....it really could save your life. If you're trapped in your vehicle the pointed hammer will shatter a side window, if your seat belt is stuck it has a cutter and it makes a pretty good weapon if you ever needed one. I keep one in the door pocket in all my vehicles.
4. NOCO Boost Plus GB40 Car Battery Jump Starter Pack - This is one of my favorite item that I carry all year long. You can jump a vehicle several times, it has a handy flashlight and it will charge up you cell phone. It's way easier to use this to jump a dead battery than finding someone with jumper cables to help you.
5. Jeebel Camp 2PCS Car Snow Chains - I know this seems redundant with the Grip Trax above, but these are for that more extreme situation. Like if you slide off the road and you really need that extra traction and momentum that the Grip Trax won't give you. Just strap this on your tires and GO.
So that's my list of items to carry this winter season to keep you safe on the road. Is there anything that you carry that I missed?