Free Entrance to Our National Parks in 2021 – Here Are the Dates
FREE! We love all things FREE and 2021 is off to a great start with the announcement of Free Entrance Days in our National Parks! There are 6 total dates so why not collect them all! Here are the dates:
- Monday January 18 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebrating the Civil Rights leader's life and legacy.
- Saturday April 17 - National Park Week National Park Week is a time to explore amazing places, discover stories of history and culture.
- Wednesday August 4 - 1st Anniversary of the Great American Outdoors Act On August 4, 2020, President Trump signed the Great American Outdoors Act into law.
- Wednesday August 25 - National Parks Service Birthday (Turning 105 this year)
- Saturday September 25 - National Public Lands Day Celebrating the connection between people and green space in their community.
- Thursday November 11 - Veterans Day Veterans Day is always observed officially on November 11, regardless of the day of the week on which it falls.
All National Park Service sites that normally charge an entrance fee will waive entrance fees on each of these 6 dates. New York has 24 service areas included in the United States National Park Service system. Here are some that would take part in Free Entrance Days 2021.
- Saratoga National Historic Park - Stillwater, NY.
- Eleanor Roosevelt National Historic Site - Hyde Park, NY.
- Thomas Cole National Historic Site - Catskill, NY.
- Fort Stanwix National Monument - Rome, NY.
- Martin Van Buren National Historic Site - Kinderhook, NY.
- Vanderbilt Mansion - Hyde Park, NY.
I found, through most of the pandemic, that getting outside and breathing fresh air was best for my mind and body. I encourage you to get outside and explore the more than 400 parks available around the United States, especially here in the Capital Region.
LET'S GO: The most popular historic sites in America