Q105.7 & 103.5 Workday Payday Contest Rules
WQBK - $20K Workday Payday Contest Rules
The Q1057 and 1035 $20K Workday Payday (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Townsquare Media of Albany, Inc., (hereinafter: the “Contest Organizers”). The Contest runs March 28, 2022 through May 20, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”). All contest entries must be received before May 19, 2022 at 3pm.
Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents of the Albany, Schenectady, Troy, New York listening area as defined by Arbitron, Inc. and who are age 18 or older. Employees of Contest Organizers, its affiliated radio stations and their respective affiliated and subsidiary companies, partners and members of the immediate families or households of such employees (“Excluded Individuals”) are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, “immediate family” includes: father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, legal or common-law spouse and individuals with whom such employees, agents and representatives reside.
- HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary. To enter, you must comply with the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules within the Contest Period. Only one entry will be considered per person, regardless of method (entry via web or entry via telephone, as described below).
Entry VIA Web. Go to q1057.com and navigate to the contest page. Complete all the required registration fields, including desired times to have your name drawn.
Entry VIA Telephone. Contest Organizer’s agent will call select businesses in the Capital Region during the Sweepstakes Period. Businesses will be selected by Contest Organizer in their sole discretion. The individual who answers the phone call from Contest Organizer’s agent will have the opportunity to enter his or her name in the Contest.
- HOW TO PLAY
Starting Monday, March 28, 2022 and continuing each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period (excluding statutory holidays) at approximately 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm, a randomly selected name will be announced on air. These names will be randomly drawn from the collective pool of all entries made via the web and via telephone, as described above (one name per timeslot, four names per day). Each random drawing will be made one calendar day before the respective name is announced on-air. The name announced on-air will have 10 (ten) minutes from the time of their name being announced to call 518-476-1057 and verify that their name was announced. If the caller is determined to be an Eligible Winner, as defined below, then he/she will win one of four Daily Prizes, each single Daily Prize in the amount of two hundred fifty dollars ($250.00). No Daily Prize will be awarded if the caller is not determined to be an Eligible Winner.
To be deemed an “Eligible Winner”, the caller must: (A) hear their name announced on-air during one of four possible timeslots (9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, local time); (B) call 518-476-1057 within the required ten (10) minute timeframe; and (C) prove to be the person drawn and announced by identifying information submitted during the registration process.
- TELL-A-FRIEND BONUS ENTRY:
After entering via any method as set forth above in paragraph 2, you will also be provided an ongoing opportunity to “Tell A Friend” to participate in the Q1057 and 1035 $20K Workday Payday contest. To “Tell a Friend”, you must visit the q1057.com website and enter your friend’s information through the “Tell a Friend” link provided. If, during the Sweepstakes Period, your friend completes the required registration for the Q1057 and 1035 $20K Workday Payday contest, and if your friend’s name is randomly drawn from all eligible entries received and he/she is determined to be an Eligible Winner, as defined above in paragraph 3, not only will your friend win a Daily Prize of $250, but you will also win a $100.00 (one-hundred dollar) referral prize (“Referral Prize”). If the “Tell a Friend” listener whose name is announced during a specific time slot does not call within the 10 minute timeframe and he/she is not deemed an Eligible Winner, then no Daily Prize will be awarded for that time slot and you will not receive the Referral Prize for referring the individual whose name was announced. There is no limit to the number of friends you can refer and there is no limit to the number of Referral Prizes you can receive.
- WINNER SELECTION
During the Sweepstakes Period, four (4) random drawings will be made per weekday from among all entrants to be announced on-air. The selected names will be announced each day at or around 9am, 11am, 1pm and 3pm, local time. The individual whose name is called will have ten (10) minutes to call 518-476-1057, prove their identity, and claim the Daily Prize, as noted above. If the individual does not call within the ten (10) minute timeframe, or the individual cannot prove their identity, the prize will be forfeited and no Daily Prize will be awarded for that timeslot. Entry/registration does not guarantee a prize. All prize claims are subject to verification of the claimant’s eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules.
- PRIZE DESCRIPTION
A total of four (4) Daily Prizes, each with a value of $250 (awarded via a payment method determined by Contest Organizer), will be awarded per weekday during the Sweepstakes Period, unless forfeited as described above. In the event a Daily Prize is forfeited, a new Daily Prize will not be granted in its place.
In addition, there is an additional Referral Prize in the amount of one hundred dollars ($100.00) which will be awarded for each “Tell-A-Friend” entry which results in the award of a Daily Prize to an Eligible Winner. While there is no limit to the amount of Referral Prizes awarded during the Sweepstakes Period, no more than four (4) Referral Prizes may be awarded in one single day.
Approximate total potential retail value of all Daily Prizes and Referral Prizes, collectively, is twenty-two thousand dollars ($22,000.00), as noted below under Prize Terms.
- PRIZE TERMS & CONCLUSION OF CONTEST
There is a limit of one Daily Prize per person every thirty (30) days within the Sweepstakes Period.
A government issued photo ID will be required when claiming the prize.
The odds of a participant’s entry being randomly selected depend upon the number of entries received in accordance with section 2 above.
Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable for any other prize or equivalent prize.
No more than twenty-two thousand dollars ($22,000.00) will be awarded, collectively, during the Sweepstakes Period. The Contest will conclude when (1) the last and final name has been announced on-air, on or about 3pm, local time on May 20, 2022; or (2) a collective total of $22,000 across all potential Prizes has been awarded, whichever shall first occur.
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE
In the Contest Organizer’s discretion, winners may be required to receive the prize via mail or to receive the prize via another method specified by the Contest Organizer.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to the following:
- Eligible Winners, including any winner of a Referral Prize, must comply with all of the rules of the Contest, including, but not limited to, any restrictions on age and/or residency, and have not committed any fraud or deception in entering the Contest or claiming the Daily Prize and/or Referral Prize (the “Prize(s)”).
- Eligible Winner, including any winner of a Referral Prize, must affirm and represent that he/she is not an employee or agent of the participating station, Contest Organizer, or any sponsor of the Contest and is not a member of the same household of any such employee or agent.
- In consideration of the receipt of the Daily Prize and/or Referral Prize, each Eligible Winner, including the winner of a Referral Prize, agrees to be solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or other fees, including, but not limited to, any federal state or local income taxes, that are or may become payable as a result of participating in the Contest and/or receipt of the Prize(s).
- Eligible Winner, including any winner of a Referral Prize, agrees to allow the participating station, Contest Organizer, and/or its designees the right to use an Eligible Winner’s, including the winner of a Referral Prize, name, likeness, portrait, recorded voice and/or biographical material for an unlimited period of time in order to advertise, promote or publicize the participating station, Contest Organizer, and/or the products and services of any of its designees.
- The Contest Organizer is not the manufacturer or distributor of the Prize(s). With respect to any claims that the Eligible Winner, including any winner of a Referral Prize, may now have, or that he/she may subsequently acquire as a result of the possession and/or use of the Prize(s), he/she acknowledges and agrees that he/she shall look solely to others in the chain of production and distribution of the Prize(s) to the exclusion of the participating station and any sponsors of the Contest, including the Contest Organizers.
- The Contest Organizers makes no warranties of any kind with respect to the Prize(s), including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Contest Organizers hereby expressly disclaims any and all such warranties.
- Eligible Winner, including any winner of a Referral Prize, expressly releases the Contest Organizers, and any additional sponsors of the contest, and their respective officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees, from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that he/she may have, or may subsequently acquire, as a result of participating in the contest and/or receipt of the prize.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in or win Q 105.7 and 1035 contests. Contests are void where prohibited by law.
- Employees of Townsquare Media, Inc., their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, vendors and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.
- The Contest Organizers are not responsible for telephone system or internet failure, or other inability of entrants to enter due to technical malfunction. This Contest Organizers are not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail or for printing errors. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
- Listeners are only eligible to win Prize(s) every 30 days.
- All federal, state and local taxes apply and are the sole responsibility of the Eligible Winner or winner of a Referral Prize.