Q1057 Interviews The Man Behind The Music – Who Is He?
What do The Rolling Stones, Jon Bon Jovi and Warren Zevon have in common? Each of them have hired a guitarist you may not have heard of but you certainly have heard. His name is Waddy Wachtel and I spoke with him about his own band, The Immediate Family.
Over the years Waddy has played on some of the greatest Classic Rock albums ever. He is a writer, producer, guitarist and band leader for these artists, to name a few:
- Guitar on - 'Buckingham Nicks' by Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks
- Guitar on - 'Street Talk' by Steve Perry
- Producer for Keith Richards, George Thorogood and Jackson Browne
- Co-writer of 'Werewolves of London' by Warren Zevon
The Immediate Family have an EP coming out April 23rd with a full-length album due August 2021. The band is made up of:
- Danny Kortchmar - Co-writer of Don Henley hits - “Dirty Laundry,” “All She Wants to Do Is Dance,” and “New York Minute,”
- Leland Sklar - Studio musician for Phil Collins.
- Russ Kunkel - Worked with Jackson Browne, Bob Dylan and Stevie Nicks.
- Steve Postell - Touring and session player who has worked with David Crosby, Michael McDonald and many others.
In my conversation with Waddy we talked about how a group of guys that have known each other for decades finally formed a band together, the pandemic altered their plans to release an album in 2020 and how Stevie Nicks feels about her band leader's side project.
Touring of the east coast, for The Immediate Family is tentatively scheduled for November 2021 but as we all know, we will have to wait and see. Listen to the complete Q1057 interview here:
The latest single is called 'Can't Stop Progress' on Quarto Valley Records. Here is the video: