What Is Open and Closed On President’s Day In New York
Today marks the third Monday of February so it must be Presidents Day! What does that mean for you? Lets see what is open and what is closed as we celebrate the birthdates of President Washington and President Lincoln.
Here is a partial list of what is CLOSED today:
- United States Postal Service - No mail delivery today.
- New York Public Schools - Most are closed for the week for Winter Break
- Banks - Most major banks are closed to in-person services. You may be able to conduct some online banking.
- Federal and State offices - This includes courts, drivers license bureaus and all government offices.
- New York Stock Exchange
Here is a partial list of what is OPEN today:
- Pharmacy/drug stores
- Malls and most big box stores
- Liquor stores - Hours may vary
- Grocery stores
- Major retail stores - Walmart, Target, etc.
- Gyms/fitness centers - Now open until 11pm in New York
- Restaurants and bars - Now open until 11pm in New York
- Casinos - Now open until 11pm in New York
- Car dealerships - President's Day is one of the best holidays to shop for a new car, when sales are slow and inventory should be plentiful.
Holiday Shopping Hours offers a great list of which establishments are open or closed on President's Day or any holiday. They also inform that Presidents Day schedules are subject to change. Stores, restaurants, and shopping malls are currently updating their hours of operation and open/closed status for upcoming 2021 holidays. You can check their site for updates or call the business you are interested in directly.
President's Day in the United States, officially Washington's Birthday, also recognizes the birthdate of Abraham Lincoln. The day is sometimes understood as a celebration of the birthdays and lives of all U.S. presidents.
LOOK: See the iconic cars that debuted the year you were born