Heading to Tulip Fest? Careful Where You Park this Weekend in Albany
If you plan on heading into Albany for Tulip Fest this weekend - or you live anywhere near Washington Park - be prepared. The handwritten signs are going up, tacked on trees and street lamps, and the parking police will be out in full force ticketing and in some instances, towing illegally parked cars.
And the fun starts on Friday with a street scrubbing according to a Nixle alert by the City of Albany Police Department.
Street Scrubbing Event, Friday, May 6th:
9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., State Street between Eagle Street and Lodge Street will be closed to all traffic.
CDTA will re-route all buses that normally travel on State Street to Pine Street via Lodge Street in both the eastbound and westbound directions.
All traffic will also be diverted during these hours and all parking will also be prohibited on State Street from Eagle Street to Lodge Street during these hours.
Tulip Festival in Washington Park, Friday, May 6th through Sunday, May 8th:
- Washington Park Road, east side from Hudson Avenue north 6 spaces
- Washington Park Road, both sides from New Scotland Avenue to Lake Avenue
Road Closure - Friday May 6, 2022 beginning at 6:00 a.m. through Sunday May 8, 2022:
Washington Park Road from New Scotland Avenue to South Lake Avenue
Road Closures - Saturday, May 7, 2022 and Sunday May 8, 2022:
Saturday, May 7, 2022 beginning at 12:01 a.m. until Sunday, May 8, 2022 at 8:00 p.m., ALL ROADS, in Washington Park will be closed to all traffic.
Additionally, the following roadways will be closed to all but local (resident and emergency vehicles) traffic:
Saturday, May 7th and Sunday, May 8th from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. each day:
- Lancaster Street between Lark Street and Willett Street
- Hudson Avenue between Lark Street and Willett Street
- Willett Street between Madison Avenue and State Street
- Henry Johnson between Western and State Street
- State Street between Robin and Lark Street
On Saturday, May 7th and on Sunday, May 8th from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Englewood Place from Western Avenue to the dead end will be closed to all traffic.
- Beginning on Saturday, May 7th at 12:01 a.m. until Sunday, May 8th at 8:00 p.m.:
- Washington Park – ALL ROADWAYS including Henry Johnson Boulevard
On Saturday, May 7th and Sunday, May 8th parking will be restricted on the following streets from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., each day:
- Englewood Place, both sides from Western Avenue to the dead end
- Thurlow Terrace, both sides form Western Avenue to the dead end
Beginning on Saturday, May 7th at 6:00 a.m. until Sunday, May 8th at 8:00 p.m.
- Madison Avenue, north side from the bus stop east of New Scotland Avenue east 12 spaces
- State Street, south side 4 spaces west of Henry Johnson Boulevard
- South Pearl Street, west side 2 spaces south of State Street
- Madison Avenue, north side 2 spaces west of Grand Street
- Elk Street, both sides 3 spaces west of Eagle Street
- Elk Street, north side 3 spaces west Hawk Street
CDTA is offering shuttle service, and there are 3 area parking garages that you may use this weekend if you're coming in for Tulip Fest. Click here for more information
Dangerous Weeds That Could Be In Your Backyard