What Is the Cost of the AFC Championship for Bills Mafia
The Buffalo Bills travel to Missouri this Sunday to play the Kansas City Chiefs for the chance to represent the American Football Conference in Super Bowl LV. The last time the Bills played a game with the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl was 27 years ago against the Chiefs. That is a long time between AFC Championship appearances. If you had the chance to attend the game, would you go? There is much to consider as a member of the Bills Mafia.
COST - As of Tuesday night:
- Airfare - Average roundtrip from Albany to Kansas City, departing Saturday 1/23 and returning Monday 1/25 - $560 per ticket/$1120 total.
- Hotels - (Near Arrowhead Stadium) - Average cost per night is $165 or $330 total.
- Enterprise - Rental mid-size SUV for $122 total.
- Ticketmaster is showing a range of $610 to $2328 per ticket. Let's say your tickets are $1000/each or $2000 total.
- Food - Allow for $100/day, $300 total.
- Total Cost - $3,872
AGE - For example, I am 54, if I had to wait another 27 years for my team to be in the AFC Championship game I would be 81. Can you afford to wait?
HEALTH - NY.gov - For any traveler to New York State from a noncontiguous state (Missouri) the new guidelines for travelers to test-out of the mandatory 10-day quarantine are, for travelers who were out-of-state for more than 24 hours:
- Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure, prior to arrival in New York.
- The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
- On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests comes back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
WORK - Do you have time to take off of work for the trip and possible quarantine?
The thought of a trip to watch my favorite football team in a championship game is enticing. So is my couch, in my home, in New York. Go Bills!
LOOK: Here are copycat recipes from 20 of the most popular fast food restaurants in America