What to do when the Power is out.
The wind was wicked last night and it knocked out the power in some places in and around the Capital Region, with no TV or internet a lot of people are left wondering what to do?
Whatever you do, don't do what this guy is doing unless you're wearing a cowboy hat, only people wearing cowboy hats can magically repair the power lines without being injured, if you don't know why then you probably don't own a cowboy hat.
If the power is out and you can not watch TV or use the internet it is not the end of the world but the beginning of a new world where people look each other in the eye and talk to each other but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Things You Can Do When The Power Goes Out:
- Sit in the corner and cry until it comes back on.
- Take a nap under a pile of blankets.
- Play Boardgames like Candy Land, Shoots & Ladders or Trouble, when was the last time you played Trouble?
- Pretend that the world has ended and start scavenging for food.
- Go to McDonald's or Denny's they probably have a generator and free Wifi.
- Play really old games like Charades.
- Have that Birds & Bees talk with your kids.
- Sing songs that you would listen to if the power was on.
- Use a battery operated radio and listen to Q103.
- Get in your car and leave.
- Light some candles and keep warning everyone not to start a fire, then talk about how beautiful your little fire hazard is and how lovely it smells.
- Train to be a Jedi.
- Keep calling National Grid to complain until your phone battery dies and constantly remind them that your phone is going to die because the power is out and you can't charge your phone, they love it when people do that.
- Blow bubbles with your spit.
- Read a book.
- Draw a picture.
- Practice your selfie face
Remember kids, anything you do while the power is out, you can post on Facebook afterwards.