Winter Is Here! The Essentials You Should Have In Your Vehicle This Winter
It is officially winter! Yay, for some (definitely not me). Average winters, we see about 70 inches in a total of snow, and usually, by now, we would have had several inches. Remember last year, 22 inches of snow in the first week of December. Right now, this is so below average, but that does not mean you should not be ready for it, especially what to have in your vehicle. So it is always better to be safe than sorry!
Here are a few items to put in now for when we finally get that snow.
1. Ice scraper and snow brush Snow and ice on cars are dangerous because it could obstruct your view or fly off and hit another vehicle. Pro Tip: bring the brush and scraper into work with you, so you can brush off your car door and window before getting into it and preventing all that snow from dropping in and onto your seat!
2. Shovel. Buy a small or collapsible shovel to keep in your trunk. It will be useful if your car is stuck in the snow.
3. Gloves and hand warmers. You have to clear off the car, so keep your hands warm with dry gloves and hand warmers.
4. Blanket. An extra blanket in the car doesn't hurt to have. Plus, there is usually always one person in the vehicle who is always cold, and they could use it!
5. Flashlight. It gets dark early in the winter. If you stall or get stranded at night, use the flashlight to find out what's wrong. It can also make you more visible to others on the road.
6. Cell phone charger. Try to keep your phone charged before hitting the road, but always keep a cell phone charger in your car as well.