Cheap Things to Do Around the Capital Region This Weekend
The weekend is upon you! Things to do can get expensive, but- they don't have to be.
Searching around the interwebs, I found some fun activities to do this weekend that won't cost you an arm and a leg, or your entire bank account. From the race track to Troy, here goes:
- The 12th Annual Troy Pig Out: Free! Saturday July 13th from 10-9 at Riverfront Park, enjoy music and great BBQ
- Mariano Rivera Day: Friday, the 12th at the Saratoga Race Course, you can catch Mariano Rivera. He'll be getting honored in a ceremony at the Race Course, and general admission for the grand stands isn't that expensive ($7). Getting to have lunch with him though at noon? Well, that's another story ($250)
- SummerNight 2019: Friday July 12th from 5-10 pm in Schenectady, it's a huge summer block party. Live music featuring Smash Mouth and more! Get more info here.
- Take a Summer Stroll: Heading to the Saratoga Race Course? Well, you can also take a Sunday Summer Stroll in Saratoga and check out all of the history. Get more info here.
- Color the Canal Chalk & Art Fest: Like to draw? Well, you can chalk up the sidewalks in Schenectady as part of this event. Happening Saturday July 13th, get more info here.
- Check out a 90s House Party: Late Friday night, the 12th, from 11pm-2am you can catch 90s music and nostalgia at the City Beer Hall in Albany
- Catch Jefferson Starship: So this is probably the most expensive on the list (about $40 a ticket)- but, Jefferson Starship will be playing at Skyloft tonight. You can get last minute ticket info here