Haunted and Halloween-Themed Events to Check Out in the Capital Region
Halloween-themed events and haunted specials are coming back to New York!
It's not quite Rocktober yet, and you might still be in the month of September, but that doesn't mean you can't start to get your spooky on.
This is one of my favorite times of the year for so many reasons, including fun events and rides. From haunted hayrides to pumpkin patches, there are a lot of cool things to do around the Capital Region. Here's just a few!
- Field of Horrors: Ok, I love going to the Field of Horrors on Farrell Road in Troy each year. It straight up gives me a "Lost Boys" meets Halloween vibe, and is totally worth a night out. In fact, the first time I ever went I was shocked at how much fun I had (because I'm a Halloween fanatic so I can be judgey). You can get more info here.
- Headless Horseman Hayride & Haunted Houses: About an hour drive from the Capital Region, this is completely worth the trek. It always takes me about 1.5 to 2 hours to get through the whole thing, and I swear the haunted houses actually feel like you're on a movie set they are so well done. Get more info here.
- Haunted Road Trips: Take a haunted road trip! You can get a ton of info on haunted locations in New York and take a trip to visit each. The Haunted History Trail of New York is a great page to visit (hint hint). And if you want to venture out, here's a haunted road trip for Massachusetts.
- Double M Haunted Hayrides: Located in Ballston Spa, another local and totally worth a visit place to get your Halloween on. Get more info here.
- Pumpkin Picking: You can visit one of the many pumpkin patches around for some wholesome and not scary Halloween fun. Get info on locations here.