Holiday Season Activities Around the Capital Region This Week
The holiday season is upon you! And there are lots of great ways to be festive this season around the Capital Region.
I filtered through local calendars of upcoming events to pick out some holiday activities coming up in the region this week to help you get festive. Because really, since winter clearly hit the Capital Region in full force, why not celebrate the season in full force. Here’s some fun activities for you to check out:
- Annual Schenectady Festival of Trees: Starting Dec. 1st, you can check out all kinds of decorated holiday trees. Get more info here.
- Irish Christmas Market: This Saturday, Dec 1st, there will be fun, gifts, food, and Santa Claus at the Irish Christmas Market in Albany. Get the info here.
- Jingle Bell Run/Walk: If you’re one of those lofty goal-setters and go-getters, you can get active with the Jingle Bell Run/Walk to benefit the Arthritis Foundation. Get the info here.
- Annual Holiday Greens Show/Free Community Night In Troy: The first is hosted by The Rensselaer County Historical Society and The Van Rensselaer Garden Club this Thursday, 11/29 from noon to 5pm. The second, a free community night in Troy right after from 5pm-8pm will have Santa and crafts for kids. Get more info on both events here.
- The Nutcracker: If you want to get traditional, you can catch the Northeast Ballet perform The Nutcracker at Proctors Theatre this coming weekend. Get the info here.
- Hanukkah Bear Story and Craft Hour: This Sat., December 1st, Get festive from 1pm-2pm at Ten Thousand Villages on Western Ave.. Get the info here.