Health Organization Warns of New Wave of Flu Virus
News 10 abc has reported about a warning by the CDC of a new wave of the flu virus happening now. For people who aren't aware (as some aren't), the flu virus has multiple different strains. As reported by News 10 abc, the A-strain had been more dominant in the beginning of flu season. However, now that flu season is wrapping up, there are more B-strain viruses being reported. And the B-strain is said to be more dangerous to young children.
So- moral of the story, we are not out of flu season yet! There are different strains that hit, and EVEN if you've had the flu, the other strain could get you. Ways to prevent the flu? Well there's a lot of options [you can read all the tips online recommended by the CDC here]:
- Flu vaccine if you are a vaccine person
- Hand-washing (which everyone should be doing)
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick, or if you are sick with others
- Cover your mouth and nose
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth (easy places for germs to transmit sickness. Wash your hands before touching any of these!)