Extended Pool Hours & Cooling Stations for Weekend Heat Wave
There’s a heatwave coming to the Capital Region this weekend. It is summer, so not that shocking.
Nonetheless, hot sunny weather can cause for dangers like sunburn, dehydration, and even heatstroke. So it is pretty cool (no pun intended) that some areas in the Capital Region are going to be extending pool hours and offering cooling stations in the 90-plus degree weather this weekend.
According to CBS 6 Albany, here’s some of the places you can cool off this weekend:
- Rensselaer: You can cool off at the North End Fire Station (2 St. Francis Place) from 9 am to 9 pm on Friday, July 19 through Sunday, July 21. They’ll be giving out water as well to those who stop by.
- Rensselaer: Stop by the Rensselaer Sprinkler Park (East St and 4th Ave) to cool off, it will be open Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 6pm.
- Clifton Park: According to the Town of Clifton Park Facebook page and CBS 6 Albany, the Clifton Park Senior Community Center is going to act as a cooling center this Saturday for Clifton Park residents from 11am to 7pm
- Cohoes: Stop by the Cohoes Senior Center, acting as a cooling station from Friday through Sunday for the heatwave
- Cohoes: Pool hours are being extended from Friday through Sunday at the Lansing Pool, which will be open 11am to 8pm to help you beat the heat